Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sometimes the act of trying is the accomplishment.




Ok so right this past Saturday (the 15th) were the auditions for America's Next Top Model. Now anyone who knows me knows that I love the show, love modeling, and have tried out for the show 3 times previously. I always felt like it was "My Time" when I attended each casting but no avail I wasn't chosen any time.

The fear of not being chosen a 4th time was hanging over my head and almost kept me from going. The night before I was so upset because I wanted to wear the right thing and be perfect and nothing seemed right. I was beginning to stress myself out over a casting I hadn't even made it to and there was no guarantee I would make it lol.

Well long story short I attended but didn't make it (I know sad face lol). But you know what, I'm proud of myself. I went after something I really wanted. I received 2 interviews out of it while I was in line, which will be helpful to my future, AND I took the train to NY for the 1st time all by myself! So with that being said, I may not be in the running for ANTM but I overcame my fears and even embarked on new journeys! Every little bit counts and evidently this was not what God has in store for me. But you know what I will meet Tyra Banks one day, just on different terms :) . Thank you all for your encouragement prior to me going and keep me in your prayers because you are surely in mine.

Signed,
Desaree' Franchon

No comments:

Post a Comment