Thursday, May 3, 2012

Open Diary: Who Cares What THEY Think?!?!



Having a bit of writer's block so I decided to do another Open Diary Post...

About a month ago I moved back in with my parents. I kept my move very low-key.. not because I was embarrassed but because I didn't feel like enduring the looks of disappointment or awkward conversations where the person I'm speaking to thinks I'm "moving backwards". I didn't have time to let what other people thought steer me from doing what I knew was necessary. I didn't move home because I was dirt poor or I mismanaged my money.. I moved because I'm 24 and I'm TIRED of having to live paycheck to paycheck when it's not necessary.

This is a time in my life where I should be seeing the world, enjoying my life and preparing myself for my future. One day I looked up and I had gone from the girl who worked to live to the girl who lived to work. After having to buy a new car my budget was tighter than ever and I was exhausted from stressing over finances.  There will come times in our lives where we have to make decisions based on what WE know is right and not worry about what other people think. I won't lie and say I didn't have the idea that people would look down on me..because I did. I feared that people would judge me for moving back to the town that I was dying to leave. I was scared that people would think I failed or I was broke or I bit off way more than I could chew. I will say I matured tremendously during the year I lived on my own but in the end I had to remind myself that no matter what others say.. I know who I am.. I know my situation and most importantly the people who matter know why I'm here.

With all this being said... I challenge everyone reading this to really rearrange your thinking and practice blocking out what "They" say. "They" don't pay your bills and "They" surely don't make the rules in YOUR life. I'm working on changing my thought process and learning  to drown out those negative sayings that play over and over in my head. Enjoy your life... you only get one!

Until next time :)
I'm not a fan of Wiz but this quote is #real

2 comments:

  1. Yessss cousin! Love this and I'm so learning this myself. You do what's best and why stress when you don't have to?! Save money, travel, and enjoy life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Desi. You don't owe anyone an explanation other than yourself. I'd rather see you sacrifice by living with your parents now do that you'll be unstoppable in the future than for you to keep up a facade just to appease people's expectations of you.

    Keep striving!

    ReplyDelete