Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Open Diary: Money Issues

Money sucks. It's nice to have it but when you don't it seems to run your life. Your worries of tomorrow hinder your joys of today when you consume yourself with the amount of bills, payments, or any other way you need to spend. Today the money has got a hold on me. Finances aren't always the best but I'm beginning to wonder when enough is enough. I've saved up more than enough to survive for 2-3 months with no job yet I'm still worried about acquiring more money. Now don't credit this to me being money hungry, a gold digger, or any other rendition you can think of, I'm just "trynna make it".
 It is easy to become captivated by the whirlwind of 'you must constantly acquire money' attitude. We live in a world where we have to borrow (credit cards, loans) to prove you are worthy of having necessities (house, car, etc.) Please explain this to me. I have to send myself into debt, pay YOU back with interest all to prove I can make on time payments. I'm not sure if I will ever understand.

Everyday we are faced with decisions. One day it can be a new 47 inch tv vs. detailing a car and the next moment it can be eat vs. gas in the car. Where is the life jacket when you need it? Don't get me wrong, I'm not struggling but I still wonder how I can keep myself in the place I am now. I would like to be comfortable in my finances (pshh who wouldn't?) Every once in a while I lose sight of what's really important and it definitely isn't money. Money is helpful but it isn't the key to everything... the richest man can be the loneliest one. Moments like this require faith.. a human quality that is often tested. I'm not sad though.. just over analytical and cautious because I'm new to this "grown up" thing lol. I'm responsible but I still worry about spending irresponsibly.

For many, money is not just the most important thing, but the only important thing. I find that a sad way to lead life. Here are some money quotes that will lend you some perspective on money. -Robert Frost

When it all boils down I know I will be fine. God will always provide no matter what! Whether I'm a millionaire or have $10 I will be provided everything I need. Keep your heads up and remember you're not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment