Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011.

Seeing as though I have found a source of inspiration, I knew it was time to write a post! Hello everyone, missed you dearly. A lot has happened since I've last wrote and I'm excited that I have the chance to share it with you all... so without further ado..
2010 has been one of the most challenging yet fufulling years of my life. One year post college graduation has been an experience. I went into the year with hopes of new expriences.. in all aspects. Little did I know that "new experiences" meant getting rid of old things and people.

See.. I am at a place where am I not on speaking terms with many of the people I was close to. I had no plan of this nor did I see it coming, but it happened. My car died on a major highway lol, I switched jobs, and the list continues. Something that I have learned through all of these changes is that God works in mysetrious ways. He aligns all of our cards so that he can assist us to win in this game of life.

Through all the tears and pain, heartache and sorrow.. I have learned that sometimes you have to let go of the old to make room for the new. There are people and things that will constantly make life more complicated than it has to be. Hanging around with individuals who are not motivated, who don't have the same goals and aspirations as you, etc. can make you stagnent. You must surround yourself with likeminded people or the struggle begins. When I say struggle I am refering to the idea of "If you're not influencing them, they are influencing you". There is a tug of war that begins on both ends and chances are the person pulling on the unmotivated side will pull you closer. The whole idea of human nature is the reliance on one another, we need each other to make things happen.

I'm learning now that although I was sad to see friends go.. I've made new ones and I have cleared out space to show the ones who are still around how much I appreciate them even more. I guess what I'm trying to say is appreciate things for what they are... even if it's just temporary. Sometimes God removes good things to make room from Great things. Every minute, hour, day, month and year are designated to teach us a lesson that we will carry with us for the rest of our lives. Our job is to embrace them, learn from them, and live to our best ability. Well it has been real everyone... See ya in 2011!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment