Thursday, April 13, 2017

My Eggs Aren't Cracked Nor Scrambled.

For women, there are questions that start to frequent your conversations as you get older. Seeing as though we are in a time where the internet is very much a part of our everyday lives, I felt that putting all of the answers in one blog post could alleviate this issue. So, from here on out I will forward this post to anyone who proceeds to ask me these questions lol. Enjoy. 

Don't you want to get married?
Yes, very much so. I'd love to be married and I planned on being so by now but the stars haven't aligned yet. If good men were just falling from the sky things would be very different.. unless it's raining men and no one told me. 

Aren't you afraid you'll be alone forever?
No. I know I was made to be a wife. I was placed on this earth for a special man, it just isn't my time yet. I feel like there may be things I need to accomplish before I meet my king. I can feel it deep down inside that there is someone specifically for me. I'm learning that we must both be on a great journey and when we come together it'll be so undeniable that the wait will be worth it. 

Don't you want to have kids? You know you're getting older right?
Excuse me while I laugh... Yes. I am getting older. Yes. Doctors stress the increase of trouble conceiving at an older age. I am aware. However, my eggs aren't cracked nor are they scrambled. I spoke with my OBGYN and she says I've got more than enough eggs to get it done when the time comes. I LOVE children and can't wait to have my own. HOWEVER, I refuse to have a child before I am ready. I don't want to bring a child into this world based on the ideals of society and the judgement of others. They won't be raising or financially supporting my future children (yes, that's plural). So many people think that life is supposed to go one way and that's it... If you haven't noticed by now my life is the opposite of what society says it should be and I love it. So, my children will come when the time is right. I'd like to have a husband to help and support me along with some stability in my career before I start a bringing kids into the world. My hectic schedule would never allow me to be the mother I have always dreamed of being. Being a "baby momma" has never been on my list of things to do.

Don't you think your standards are a little too high? Do you think that kind of man really exists?
I take peace in knowing that what God has for me , is for me and I won't miss a thing. It frustrates me that women are expected to compromise their standards based on what others say is possible. There is a difference between a woman knowing what is right for her and what she wants from life and a woman with a list of requirements that include height, weight, salary, etc. Love looks many different ways and often doesn't come in the form you expect. The man that God has prepared for me will not only be the things I want but or importantly, the things I need. 

Don't you think you need to slow down? You don't really want to be married if you plan on keeping up the pace you are. 
There is a time and place for everything. Slow down?! Why? I'm at a place where my career is moving in the right direction. Of course relationships come with sacrifice and I plan on doing so but that comes with prioritizing and scheduling things accordingly. Honestly, all of these questions annoy me đŸ˜‚ I've been in great relationships. Yes, I have time constraints that others don't but I make time for everything that is important in my life and the man I love is no exception. 

I'm tired of apologizing and explaining myself. I've made a conscious decision to be the woman I am destined to be and I encourage everyone to do the same. Unfortunately a lot of women sacrifice who they are and what they want all in the name of love. I believe that the two can co-exist. You can be you and find someone
who loves you through it. Again, sacrifices will have to be made, schedules will have to be adjusted and travel arrangements will be increased but if it's worth it.. I'm all for it! I don't want to look back on my life with regrets. Regrets that never took a shot at my dreams. Regrets that I paired myself with someone who didn't love all of me. Regrets that I gave up who I am to contribute to someone else, especially when we can empower one another. 
I hope this blog inspires other and makes women who are like me feel a little more comfortable when people start to ask these probing questions. 
Stay inspired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment